Monday 15 November 2010

Formspring me- My views on the social network site.

Just today I was being a bit nosy looking at people's formspring me pages, I deleted it a few months ago after having a comment posted on there by anonymous which upset me. I was looking at a particular persons page who I know, and some of the comments people have posted to her are dreadful. Involving comments like 'your such a fake *****, nobody likes you, you're a ****'. I just don't understand why these people waste their time posting things like that? Furthermore I do not have a clue why the people who have received this abuse then comment back? I can undertsand a younger person going on this site and getting drawn into the idea of anonymous posts from people telling the person how they feel about them/what they think. But are people of my age really wasting their time on this ridiculous site? To be honest I think the site should no longer be ran, it is an oppurtinity to bully, and comments I have seen are shocking! Most of the time, three quarters of the comments are posted by anonymous and are pretty malicious posts. It is nothing other than cyber-bullying, but I just don't understand why the people receiving the abuse then give it back and keep on asking for it?
What do you think about the social network site formspring me?

No comments:

Post a Comment