Wednesday 1 December 2010

Snow is falling, all around me...

It really is beautiful outside, my courtyard is covered in a blanket of crisp snow, it's a shame I can't go outside to appreciate it. I've been cooped up in bed all week with sinusitis (infected sinuses), I feel awful and with Disney being two weeks today I really hope it clears up before then as I've got so much to get ready.
I'm on antibiotics so hopefully I will be feeling much better soon.
I cannot believe it's the first of December, It has come around so quick, and I haven't even got an advent calender yet! For some reason I don't feel that rush of excitement I normally feel when December comes around. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I feel like death, and nothing seems to make me feel better.
I'm supposed to be playing hockey this weekend but with this weather I'm sure it will be cancelled, and even if it isn't i'm certainly in no fit state to play. Plus hockey training has been cancelled the past two weeks due to the pitch being frozen. So it would be madness to play in this weather!
I hope it snows on Christmas day, that would be perfect, to just get up and see snow all outisde. I have this gorgeous vision of a wonderful Christmas day-  waking up to see snow falling, having the traditional family Christmas breakfast, and sitting inside the living room all cosy by the fire with a mug of hot chocolate while exchanging  presents. Every Christmas is wonderful, but with the exception of no snow, it seems to snow on any day but Christmas, I can't remember last time it did.
Hopefully, fingers crossed my vision of Christmas will come true, but for now I am going to retire to bed and dream lots of dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment